[meteorite-list] 2008 TC3 - NatGeo TV

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 16:37:56 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Greg and everyone who has contacted me about the show on or off list. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm sure most of the footage from everyone interviewed ended up on the cutting room floor. They shot a lot more footage at Mt. Lemmon. The total time was about 13 hours of effort that day.

For those who inquired, the time lapse shown was one I just happened to have made the night 2008 TC3 was discovered. If you have a high speed connection, you can watch the entire time lapse as a Flash animation on my commercial site here:

http://www.fullmoonphotography.net/g96_2008_10_06.htm

As for Greg's comment about finding the program for sale, I do not know when or if the program will ever be offered. National Geographic Channel apparently does not offer any of their "Naked Science" series episodes for sale. That's a shame because they do have many interesting programs, including a number about asteroids, meteorites, impact glass, etc...

For those of you who would like a copy, I can only suggest you record it some other time it runs or if you don't get NatGeo, ask a friend to record it for you. You might also contact NatGeo to inquire if or when they'll have discs for sale. Maybe if enough people ask, they'll offer them.

--
Richard Kowalski
http://fullmoonphotography.net