[meteorite-list] Tucson show - RV Questions

From: Pat Brown <scientificlifestyle_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 16:20:07 -0700

Hello to the List,

This year I plan to drive to the Tucson show in a van that will be converted to a meteorite hunting RV. It will be a 1 ton or Dodge Sprinter body, so it is not that big, no slide-outs etc.

I have a few questions, would you mind sharing some of your Tucson info? (off list is fine)

* It looks like it is not strictly legal to sleep in your car in Arizona (anti vagrancy law?). Are the 'don't sleep in your car laws' enforced if you keep a low profile and are respectful of the area?

* Can one park the RV in one of the gravel parking lots like the big one in front of the Park Suites hotel and stay overnight or for several days? Have you heard of anyone being told that they can't occupy an RV overnight there?

* If an RV park is the lowest hassle option, can you recommend one close to the show hotels?

Any other tips?

Thanks,
     Pat