[meteorite-list] Over 2000 Hits & Contest Update

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 00:19:17 +0200

Hi list,

I was also very sceptic in the beginning about that spacifieds-thing.
But for testing, I tried to post an ad - and the handling, it is easy as a
pie.
Just some fields in a form, a text, photos no matter how small or large,
press the button, ready.
No 800,000 different options like in ebay, where nobody knows, where they
should be good for, no endless choices of design, style, templates,
no ebay bafflegab, no accounts, no formatting troubles, no paypal-terrorism,
no spam and no secret knowledge of the typist guild necessary.

And no auctions, no reverse auctions, no Dutch auctions, no 100 pieces left
auctions, no
is-an-auctions-but-if-I-get-an-offer-it-is-no-auction-anymore-but-gone-aucti
ons, no startprice-auctions - no pressure of time,

but the ingenious concept, that the people simply say, what they want for
their stones!!

BEST IS, you don't have to register, if you buy there!

No obligations, just simply study the offers, and if you are interested in a
piece, use the form to send a message to the offerer.

No hundred clicks until you're finally at your destination, much faster than
ebay and other lists of classifieds.

So as frightened we all are about Eric's sometimes brash impetus to invent
in meteoritics everything completely new ;-)
I can't say it else, as this time he made it really, really good!

Yah, Tweets, Twitter, Blogs, Feeds and deeds... don't worry,
we old people all don't have any idea, what that should be good for,
IMPORTANT is: you don't have to know how such stuff is working
and you don't have to care for it at all, when you're reading the
classifieds or when you post an ad - that thing makes all automatically.

Hence very comfort.

So I think, that spacified definitely deserves a try, has all preconditions
to get a nice marketplace for meteorites.

So take a look and give that spacified.com a chance,
that it won't die like so many other new attempts.

You'll find now, in the beginning already some good and some very good
specimens there (3 are from me) - check it out!

Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----