[meteorite-list] Blocking Google Ads on Meteorite Sites

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:22:25 -0400

Hi Folks,

I notice that Google ads are becoming more widespread and intrusive.
Google and other advertising servers have gotten wise to Ad-Blocker
software, so now they are embedding text advertising links into sneaky
spots inside the body of a webpage - effectively eluding many
Ad-Blocker programs who primarily block graphical banners.

I found an *easy* solution to this problem, that wipes out the ads
without the need to download or install any software.

I know some vendors on this List are currently using Google Ads - and
I they have every right to. I do not begrudge them that. Hopefully
they respect my desire not to see the ads. If anyone on this List
would like to learn this easy fix, simply email me off-list at
meteoritemike at gmail.com. This fix is easy, legal, and does not
involve any form of coding, downloads, or software.

I use an Ad-Blocker plug-in for FireFox that works for the majority of
graphic ad banners, but it doesn't remove the sneaky Google text ads.
This new fix that I found on the web takes care of the text ads as
well. I don't want to share it openly on the List because I
understand that some other List members use Google Ads as a source of
revenue. So contact me offlist.

Best regards and clear skies,

MikeG

--