[meteorite-list] Alien Contact Predicted

From: Mark Ford <mark.ford_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:57:22 +0100

Why does everyone always assume aliens are super intelligent? based on
the earth model >99.999999999999999999999999999% of all life in the
universe (if there is any other) is actually not intelligent.

There is a massive difference between, intelligent life,
semi-intelligent life, and basic 'life'.

Add up all the life forms that have existed on earth in 3+ billion years
(it's a really rather large number), and consider that just 2 or 3 of
those trillions and trillions of life forms actually invented a way of
communicating over large distances (i.e. using radio waves), and it took
billions of years for that to happen, that in itself is a mind boggling
ratio.

That's exactly why we haven't received any communication from aliens.

 A) There are [very] few planets with life, far fewer that can actually
communicate
 b) The distances are just too vast.
 c) Based on our own human civilization we are not even sending out
carefully directed messages, just mass radio pollution, - as someone
else said maybe the only other intelligent planet is just listening!)

My Guess is life is actually very rare, semi intelligent life is very,
very, very rare, and intelligent life is just us (maybe plus or minus a
remote planet or two somewhere very far away...)

Mark

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us. Email info at ssl.gb.com. You should not copy or use this email or attachment(s) for any purpose nor disclose their contents to any other person.

GENERAL STATEMENT:

Southern Scientific Ltd's computer systems may be monitored and communications carried on them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.

Registered address Rectory Farm Rd, Sompting, Lancing, W Sussex BN15 0DP. Company No 1800317