[meteorite-list] Hint - New Mars Coin - 5$ Cook Islands - with NWA 4925

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 00:04:08 +0200

Good evening list,

Bob was fastest and discovered it first,
and because last time our information on the newly issued Moon Coin was much
appreciated,
we want to direct the attention of the meteorite coins fans to a brand-new
Mars coin, coming out these days.

The design resumes the design of the Moon coin and the result, we think, is
again very tasteful.

The avers displays the Martian relief - you easily spot the gigantic chasma
of the Valles Marineris, the largest Canyon of the solar system,
and in the volcanic Tharsis region, there where it might belong to, is
mounted a piece of the Chladnian shergottite NWA 4925.

The reverse has the portrait of the Queen.

The coin consist of 925er silver and is copper plated - usually you do it
the opposite way round - but with the copper plating the coin gets a reddish
play of colours, as it should be with the Red Planet.

Weight is 25g, diameter is 38.61 mm, quality is PROOF,
And 2500 pieces were minted.

It is a legal tender and no token, nor medal.

Find the pictures and the details here:

http://kuerzer.de/Marscoin

Attention! The coin won't be available before the last week of September,
but it already can be pre-ordered there - it's the same firm like last time.

We were told, that the Moon coins went very quickly and that coin collectors
pay now, after such a short time, already up to 150$ for the Moon coin.
So maybe an early order couldn't be the worst idea.

Well, and we think it will make up a great combo with Moon coin!

Have a fine Sunday,

Stefan & Martin

Stefan Ralew & Martin Altmann

Chladni's Heirs
Munich - Berlin
Fine Meteorites for Science & Collectors

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/