[meteorite-list] Holes in Stone Meteorites

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 23 Aug 2009 16:30:37 UT

Hello All,

I actually own a very nice Gold Basin meteorite with a perfect hole.
It's a crusted slice weighing 11 grams. It is FeNi-rich, has abundant
troilite and the matrix displays a mottled appearance. But its main
feature is a truly spectacular, perfect hole measuring exactly 3 mm
in diameter. Pictures available on request!

There's a (w)hole lotta
shakin' going on,

Bernd

P.S.: I almost forgot to tell you that this GB meteorite was a gift from
Jim Kriegh and Twink Monrad and that Jim had a hole drilled through it
so it can be used as a pendant but I preferred to add it to my collection
lest the same might happen to it that happened to some of the El Hammamis ;-)