[meteorite-list] [IMCA] Beware of Steve Arnold Chicago Ebay scams

From: Anita Westlake <anitawestlake_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 07:56:28 -0700 (PDT)

I have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with a dishonest member of this list myself.

He had stuff on eBay (it wasn't even a meteorite!) and he had a "Buy It Now" price on it. I wanted that particular piece and contacted him immediately, saying I would buy it for that price. He told me he was "in negotiations with another buyer" and he thought he could get "an even higher price from him."

So, he turned down my Buy It Now offer and offered me an inferior piece for the same price. When I told him I didn't want that one, he went off on a foul-mouthed tangent. He was yelling at ME when he was the one that was clearly in the wrong (on a couple of counts).

He is such a disagreeable, dishonest man, I wouldn't buy a 1 pound lunar from him for free. And, I hope he rots in a very hot place.
Anita

drtanuki at yahoo.com>