[meteorite-list] Book Titled: The history of meteoritics and keymeteorite collections

From: Aubrey Whymark <tinbider_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 01:35:14 +0000 (GMT)

Hi

You can get a good idea on Google Books http://books.google.com.ph/books?id=7SvtVoa1W-cC&pg=PA123&lpg=PA123&dq=The+history+of+meteoritics+and+key+meteorite+collections&source=bl&ots=VYykBJ52lj&sig=KDOt2h-3RuKbIxp7BIBc5dDHRUk&hl=tl&ei=h_eNSvboKoGgkQXvm8C7Cg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Also reviews at http://www.geolsoc.org.uk/gsl/publications/bookshop/page1331.html

FYI the Geological Society often discounts the price very heavily for members and this is further reduced in the regular sales. For the book 'Tektites in the Geological Record: Showers from the Sky' the list price is GBP65, but I paid GBP25. I'm afraid I am not in UK, but in the Philippines, making ordering for others impractical, but maybe there are other members on the list.

Regards, Aubrey