[meteorite-list] Mike Farmer Eats Moon & Mars Rocks!

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 15:18:09 -0700 (PDT)

Nothing unusual about this.
My first ever meteorite was a 25mg piece of Dhofar 1084. Tasting it was one of the first things I did.

I don't recal ever having tasted a martian though it is a distinct possibility and I was thoroughly underwhelmed by the experience.

I can tell you that eucrite tastes like those cinder blocks that they use for making homes, the really big grey ones....with a little sprinkling of iron filings on top.

You may be wondering how I know what cinder blocks or iron filings taste like but I also believe you're intelligent enough to also have guessed the answer.

It's a wonder I'm still alive.

Rob