[meteorite-list] Kem Kem

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 15:41:55 -0400

Hello Carl and All,

I think the real question here should be if all of the classified
"NWA/KemKem" meteorites you mentioned (NWA 001, 052, 753 & 755) are even
paired. I do not think any scientist would currently check these out
personally and compare them, just being a chondrite and all. I think it was
a good thing the NomComm realized quickly and early-on (late 90's) that
things would get way out of hand without a "generic" Northwest Africa (NWA)
designation to achieve some sort of order with the flood of different
meteorites that were coming out of Northwest Africa (Morocco), and have
since. Generic designations, of course, have been applied to Oman finds and
other regions of the world.

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Hupe