[meteorite-list] Darryl Futrell Tektite Lamp

From: Aubrey Whymark <tinbider_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 01:51:39 +0000 (GMT)

Hi List

Unfortunately I never knew Darryl Futrell. I have, however, read many of his articles which I certainly find interesting even if I do not agree with the conclusions.

In an article titled 'The Lunar Origin of Tektites' in Rock & Gem Feb 1999 there is a photo of a fantastic Tektite 'Tiffany' Style lamp. This was made by Dan Wright from natural un-cut thin splashform tektites from Thailand. See it here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/JHsNghP_3Rcb0QbP9zHr_w?authkey=Gv1sRgCM6XzLrq76-GKQ&feat=directlink

Does anyone know what happened to this lamp? Also are there any more in existence? It is a fantastic piece!

Regards, Aubrey
www.tektites.co.uk