[meteorite-list] Post from Bob Walker

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 19:22:23 -0700

Hi Howard and all,
        In case you don't know (and apparently you don't),
Bob Walker has done a great deal for the meteorite community
And for the Australian Meteorite community as well.
        He has conducted much research and part of that research
Has included accounting for the location of this that and the other
Meteoritic material.
        He wrote Steve several times politely asking him where he got
Material he was advertizing to the list (I don't believe he thought it
Was real, but he gave Steve the benefit of the doubt and was polite
In his multiple requests). He got not response, whatever as a reasult.
        I then emailed Steve, Bob considering the possibility that his
Email wasn't getting through and I politely foreworded Bob's questions
And asked that Steve let me know as well, just in case HIS emails
Were getting lost getting to Australia.
        Again, no response.
        I suppose that might be why he mentioned Steve's rudeness or
However he put it (which was, by the way, very MILDLY STATED).
        I can only assume you have very limited experiences dealing with
Chicago Steve. Gee, Howard, did you ever wonder why it is SO many
People "dump" on Steve? Did the thought ever even cross your mind?
        It doesn't sound like it - instead, it sounds like you thought I
should be "thrown off the list" for forewording something with so mild
A comment...... Strange. Strange, indeed.
        Now, fact is, I personally like Steve. I take him as he is. However
I am not blind to his behavior - either in relationship to me or to
others.
        Best wishes, Michael