[meteorite-list] Kem Kem, the original generic name before NWAs, Northwest African meteorites

From: Brian Cox <searchingforfun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 22:02:45 -0500

Here is a link to my 19.7 gram Kem Kem meteorite specimen, originally from
Planet Brey meteorites about 9-10 years ago. Kem Kem was the name that was
used approximately between 1999-2001, I was told, from our fellow history
buffs on the list and other IMCA members for what we now call "NWAs"
"Northwest African" meteorites.

 I added a photo of the original COA/card from Planet Brey just now in this
auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KEM-KEM-Meteorite-19-7g-IMCA-COA-Unclass-Probably-H5_W0QQitemZ270440268847QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ef77f042f&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

Thanks, and clear happy meteorite filled skies tonight!

Brian

IMCA # 6387

searchingforfun is my ebay User ID