[meteorite-list] re Kem Kem

From: Pete Shugar <pshugar_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 09:14:19 -0500

Hello,
I don't mean to stir up a hornet's net ---- but...........
I was told, by who I don't remember, that Kem Kem
was a generic name for what we now know as NWA.
I have a 3.56 gm part slice of Kem Kem and it is a H5
from Dahara, Morocco. It was found in August of 1999.
My piece came from Planetbrey Meteorites.
It has a dark matrix with lots of small metal flakes and
a brown fusion crust that has white soil on one end.
This doesn't sound like what you guys are talking about.
I doubt this is a fake. This is real meteorite material.
Any help here????
Pete IMCA 1733