[meteorite-list] AD: Man and Impact in the Americas

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 17:02:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all -

Since it was mainly comets that hit and killed a lot of people, and my book "Man and Impact in the Americas" is no field guide to unknown fall sites
(though it does provide the date for the Campo de Cielo impact), why buy a copy now?

Good question.

The ear marked NASA budget for detection this year is $5.8 million, in other words as close to $0.00 as NASA can get away with - and you know this is not anywhere near enough.

You have watched NASA use a part of its $17,000 million per year to finance some of the world's best PAO's in their attempts to understate the COMET impact hazard. You have watched Morrison use NASA resources to promote his bogus comet injection hypothesis, while suppressing work on Clube and Napier's comet injection model.

You have watched bogus the hazard estimates being promoted using your tax dollars. A Cosmic Katrina in the making...

You have also watched NASA employees claim that we lack the means for destruction or diversion, statements you know to be lies (even though well intentioned)...

All fittng in with the delusions of "life boat Mars" promoted by the g*d d**m f*****G Mars Nuts, who think that the only thing NASA should be spending $100 BILLION on is flying a few men to Mars for a few days. What is that? Maybe 50 out of 6,000,000,000 people living on this planet? While manned Mars flight will be right interesting someday, other things are likely to come first (2022), and once again, the detection budget right now is as close to $0.00 as NASA can get away with.

You have watched the former NASA Administrator, an admitted Mars Nut, ignore the direct instructions of the Congress to find these things before they hit.

In the meantime, the debris stream of Comet Schwassmann Wachmann 3 is on its way, due in 2022, while NASA continues to pretend that its all going to turn into magic comet dust by some imaginary process, without bothering to warn anyone about the climate effects of cometary dust loads.

In other words, NASA using your tax dollars to lie to the American people about a hazard to their lives and well being.

And of course there was all that time I spent here defending Hibben's reputation, and arguing about the "black mats" (all of those wonderful rationalizations of denial), all done by me working alone in isolation with stroke damage. (It just feels that way right now, and my thanks to those who helped in dealing with this.)

I'd like to remind you all that I recovered some Native American accounts of the Holocene start impacts and printed them up in "Man and Impact in the Americas" long before Firestone and Kennett confirmed them. For that matter, whatever year the USGS cores come in from the Carolina's, the Great Atlantic Mega-tsunami will be confirmed, and the value of "Man and Impact in the Americas" will rise once again.

So why buy a copy now? Because I need the money to carry on the good fight:
$20 plus $5 shipping US, or plus $15 overseas, for hundreds of pages of small type filled with typos and not enough illustrations.

Bottom line, and your purchase now will allow me to continue to hold NASA's feet to the fire until they do the right thing. Your $20 will help to determine how many times that amount of your tax dollars are spent by NASA.

While the economies tight, if your anger with this and/or concious does not move you to buy a copy, remember the investment aspect. The bitch is sure to go up in value once it finishes killing me.

Further, the rise in price after the next one hits is likely to be significant. Remember, with current detection resources, it could have been the Earth that was surprised instead of Jupiter.

If you don't need a copy of "Man and Impact in the Americas" for yourself right now or already have one, the book also makes a wonderful gift for any Native American friends you have or any archaeologists you know.

If any of you enjoyed "Man and Impact in the Americas" I would really like to hear from you.

typed with one finger of my left hand by a very tired
E.P. Grondine

PS - I really need someone to take "Man and Impact in the Americas" over from me - some publisher with copy editors, graphic artists, and most importantly, distribution.