[meteorite-list] Lampiayrie - I found a type and deposit mass!

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 14:08:41 +0200

> If you remember, that was the observed fall in Burkina Faso,
> where apparently everybody relied on everybody, that he will care for
> classification - so that in the end nothing happened.
> So many falls aren't found per year, so I guess we should get the things
> straight, right?
> That piece is sufficiently large enough for the required deposit,
> so I would immolate it for the classification.
> So that the collectors, who have it the collection, finally can take it
> out again from the darkest corner of their drawers

Great idea - kudos to the man!

> I do a house-cleaning sale too, hundreds of pieces - good ones,
> bad ones, small ones, large ones, good ones, crappy ones - all starting
> at zero - though I don't use ebay, but put them up for a slow "auction"
> in the German meteorite forum.

For those who can read the German language and would like to follow the auction, this is the link: http://www.jgr-apolda.eu/index.php?topic=4139.0
Just scroll down the pages to find out what it is all about. To see pics of the pieces, you would have to register with the forum, or else contact Martin. This is Euroland, so all the auction proposals summarized every now and then are in Euros, of course..

I haven?t seen such a "relaxed-mood" auction for quite a while, btw, this is why I would like to point at it...

Alex
Berlin/Germany