[meteorite-list] Question on Toluca Sample that I came acrosson ebay

From: Mark Grossman <markig_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 21:30:29 -0400

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the info. Looks like you're right.

I checked "Rocks from Space", and color plate IV has a picture of a Toluca
specimen with a closeup of ferric hydroxide and hydrochloric acid exuding
from between the Widmanstatten plates.

And it looks like some of those brown "crossed lines" on the ebay sample.

So what should I do - inform the ebay seller that he has a sick patient on
his hands that he is trying to unload? :)

Thanks again.

Mark Grossman