[meteorite-list] What is this?

From: Ken Newton <magellon.ken_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 15:54:09 -0400

Sorry if this duplicates

Steve,
> may have been struck by lightning driving off the oxygen to make them magnetic
What???? Haven't heard that one before!

Steve,
Since you have contributed to this subject, perhaps you can explain
why you have listed the following suspect items as meteorites in the
"stephen dunklee collection"?
http://www.encyclopedia-of-meteorites.com/collection.aspx?id=244
camp acapulcoite
camp diogenite
camp howardite
camp pallasite
camp122006
Limedale
Mammoth Springs
Do you really think these are meteorites? If 'no', why are they listed
beside real meteorites?
If 'yes', I suggest this does not improve your image (you once sold
self-classified wrongs on eBay but to your credit you stopped) but
even calls to question your meteorite photos and any legitimate photos
that you have supplied to the Met Bull for reference.
http://tin.er.usgs.gov/meteor//MetBullFindphoto.php?credit=stephen+dunklee
Do you see my point?
Ken