[meteorite-list] *** AD *** Large, Gorgeous Campo del Cielo Iron with coin, display case and more

From: Mal Bishop <magbish3_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 20:54:47 -0400

A month ago I offered up for sell a 10,820g Campo del Cielo iron to the
list. Although I had a few bites, in the end nothing gelled; therefore,
I'll
try one more time.

Again, it's a 10.82kg ( approximately 24 pounds) Campo of AAA quality
with deep pits, nice regmaglypts overall, and just a nicely sculpted piece.

It is a very exquisite example of Campo and very, very stable! Campos
this nice seem to lean more to the rare side of the scale, and those
that know me and have purchased from me in the past know I don't lightly
suggest something is nice, or exquisite unless it were so.

I will include along with the Campo del Cielo meteorite a Campo
commemorative coin/medallion (numbered), a handsome display case with a
wood/acrylic base and acrylic cover, an iron meteorite element set
showing examples of the 5 main elements which make up a typical iron
meteorite, and 2 limited edition Campo del Cielo 3-D stamps (including
3-D glasses) printed/ issued in Buenos Aires, Argentina in their
unopened shrink wrapped packaging . ... and of course, I'll also
include the meteorite display info card and the 8.5 x 11 inch COA
(certificate of authenticity) issued by the dealer I purchased it from a
couple of years ago. BTW, the COA is gorgeous as well and very suitable
for framing!

I was asking $1800 for all of the items listed above which did not
include the cost of shipping or insurance. However, I'm lowering the
asking price to $1700, and I'm offering to pay the postage and insurance
within the United States -- if someone internationally wants it, we'll
have to discuss the shipping costs and come to some mutual agreement
since shipping overseas costs much more than if shipping within the
USA. I initially paid $2100 for the rock alone . The case and coin
together were around another $150, the element set another $40 ...so
all told this is basically a deal that cost me over $2300 when all
totaled with shipping costs, etc. which someone can now have for $1700
total and complete (I believe in full disclosure -- not trying to make a
profit, just pay bills) ! This is a steal of a deal -- I don't
understand why really nice Campos don't seem to get the respect and
admiration I feel they deserve!

I'll send photos to anyone SERIOUSLY interested in talking deal.

I can easily say this is one of my more favorite irons I've had in my
collection since I started collecting in 1994. I wouldn't even be
considering the selling of it (and now I'm basically letting it go for a
song and dance especially with all of the extra goodies I'm offering
with it) if it weren't for being out of work and mounting debt, etc.!

Believe me, whosoever is the new owner of this piece will be more than
highly satisfied and I think very proud to call it their own as they
proudly put it up for display!!!

Regards to all,
Mal

P.S. I may be slow in responding to any inquires for I have to step out
for a bit, but be assured I'll answer emails in the order I receive them!