[meteorite-list] Fireball observed over Northwestern California 29APR09

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:28:04 EDT

>>Dear List,
A fireball was captured on a videocamera streaking over Northwestern
California at 11:42pm PST on 29APR09 by YC-Sentinel. The observer states that
the meteor lasted 5.3 seconds and ended with a visible detonation. He also
states that this meteor may have produced meteorites.<<

Well...it's definitely not a member of the Eta Aquarid meteor shower...too
early in the evening for it to be one. The time of the meteor appearance
is getting close to it most likely being of cometary material though. Also
no reporting (yet) of any sonics to go along with the "detonation". It seems
to have produced a nice terminal burst though. At the moment I'd be
inclined to think it totally burned up high in the atmosphere. But all
indications was that to me it was definitely a meteor that was photographed. So far
another late night Oooo and Ahhher. :O)
GeoZay