[meteorite-list] new Utah fall?

From: Linton Rohr <lintonius_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 22:27:10 -0700

Greetings listees,
I have purchased some land in Utah, and am making plans to move there, and
therefore have developed an interest in obtaining some Utah meteorites. (As
good an excuse as any, right?) There are 19 meteorites listed in the
Bulletin, only 6 of which have TKW's exceeding 1kg. I received search
results from E-Bay today fitting that description, but I am highly skeptical
of the ad. Check it out:
http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&gbh=1
First of all, the account of the fall sounds a bit dubious in spots. And no
photos are available, due to "camera problems". The recovered specimen had a
glow the size of a golf ball, but is only described as being 9mm. Is that
the longest dimension? No weight given. The other, unrecovered one, appeared
to be the size of a basketball. And he'll lead us right to the search area.
All this for only $1600. Small unphotographed specimen of undisclosed weight
included. ;^) Any takers? By the way, I inquired, seeking more info and
evidence, but have had no reply at this point.
I've only been collecting 2 or 3 years, but I haven't seen an ad quite like
this until now. Any thoughts from those of you more experienced?
Thank you for your input.
Linton Rohr