[meteorite-list] Wanted : Micros of the following meteorites

From: Dark Matter <freequarks_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:10:00 -0600

Hi Mike,

Sorry to mention this, but again, there is an error in your post. The
Benld meteorite is far from obscure. In fact, it is one of the more
famous of the so-called Hammer stones.

>From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benld,_Illinois
On September 29, 1938 a meteorite landed in Benld, marking only the
third meteorite landing in Illinois since records were kept. The
meteorite was also one of the few known meteorites to strike a
man-made object, punching a hole in the roof of Edward McCain's garage
and embedding itself in the seat of his 1937 Pontiac Coupe. A
neighbor, Mrs. Carl Crum, was standing about fifty feet from the
impact and may be the individual who came closest to being struck by a
meteorite in history up to that time.[5] The meteorite and portions of
the car are now on display at the Field Museum of Natural History in
Chicago.[6]

Here's a wiki pic of the car's guts:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Benldmeteorite.jpg

And here's the classic pic of the car: