[meteorite-list] Neither Carbonado Nor Meteorite

From: Fries, Marc D <marc.d.fries_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 09:14:20 -0700

A carbonado with fusion crust? My skepticism meter is pegged. If true it
would be of extraordinary scientific interest, but the problem is that
diamond doesn?t melt. It evaporates. Silicates are content to form what is
basically a liquid silicon oxide, but carbon oxides (CO, CO2) are gases, not
liquids. Diamond doesn?t flow ? it goes poof.

I looked at those pictures, and there are little spallation flakes on one
side that remind me an awful lot of a carbonate rock.

Caveat emptor.

Cheers,
MDF