[meteorite-list] (Proud Papa) - Lookey what I just scored!

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 13:26:48 -0500

Hi List,

Look what I just scored -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260385765969

Here is a partial list of the goodies in the lot -

Sudbury Impact Basin (Canada) - 682gr large shattercone
Wanapitei Lake (Sudbury) - 110gr endcut of suevite fallback breccia
Wells Creek Crater (Tennessee) - 194gr dolomitic shatter cone sample
Hummelin Impact Structure (Sweden) - 50gr slice of impact melt
Sudbury Impact Basin - 60gr slice of Black Onaping suevite
Ries Crater (Germany) - 62gr "flaedle" impact glass bomb
Rochechouart Crater (France) - 108gr slice of pseudotachylite
Gallaejaure Crater (Sweden) - 70gr endcut of impact melt
Decaturville Impact Structure (Missouri) - 136gr endcut of monomict
impact breccia
Lappaj?rvi Crater (Finland) - 74gr impact breccia
Rubielos de la C?rida Impact Basin (Spain) - 70gr endcut of polymict
fallback breccia
Duobblon Impact Structure (Sweden) - 122gr slice of impact melt

Notice the price - I think I should be arrested. I have been wanting
to compile a collection of specimens related to various impact
structures, but I never expected to get lucky and score a nice starter
collection like this at a reasonable price. :)

I especially like the shatter cones, the Sudbury specimens, the Ries
specimen, and the colorful Rubielos de la C?rida breccia.

I am still looking to acquire a Chicxulub specimen and I will consider
a trade for one - after I receive my new goodies and sort through
them. I will probably put 2 or 3 of these specimens on the trading
block for specimens from Chicxulub and Vredefort.

If the seller of this lot is a list member, I'd like to say thanks for
the deal and I can't wait to eagerly rip open the box like a kid at
Christmas. I already have Riker boxes and display labels waiting. :)

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Michael Gilmer (Louisiana, USA)