[meteorite-list] Note to anyone searching for the VA Beach fireball

From: Fries, Marc D <marc.d.fries_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 12:50:22 -0700

Howdy all

    I haven?t heard from anyone searching for meteorites from the Virginia
Beach fireball from last week, so I?ll post this for general consumption.
If anyone is there, could you collect samples of meteorite particles for
analysis? By that I mean covering a magnet with Saran Wrap (or its
equivalent) and drag it through some house gutters or along the drip line of
a large building. If you'll wrap the plastic wrap over itself and send it
to me I'll finagle some time on an SEM and/or electron probe to identify the
meteorite type (hopefully). Radar shows that fine debris settled to the
ground on the southern tip of the Delmarva peninsula with the help of strong
winds from the southeast, and even if all the sizable pieces turn out to be
fishy squishers we can at least identify the type of meteorite involved from
the tiny bits.
    Contact me off-list to set this up, por favor.

Cheers,
MDF