[meteorite-list] Holocene start impacts, AD

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:20:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone -

Besides the NOVA special on the comet impact that ended clovis, here's some more information:

1) I posted some of the first peoples accounts of these impacts to the paleo-anthropology list:

http://forum.palanth.com/index.php/topic,1093.0.html

Note that the Shawnee remembered impacts south, east, north, west of the Big Bone Lick area and then three more fragments hit. But at this distance in time, detail may have been replaced by theology.

2) Ken Tankersley has found a 1 inch thick layer of impactites near Sandusky, Ohio along with the remains of blast killed mega-fuana:
http://www.ourstrangeworld.net/index.php/main/article/extraterrestrial_event_affected_human_history/

3) A possible Holocene Start Impact structure has been located in Alberta:
http://www.meridianbooster.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1484183

4) Work is being done on the Carolina Bays:
http://hamptonroads.com/2008/09/carolina-bays-new-evidence-points-killer-comet

5) Note the strata at this site in Venezuela:
http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/journey/taima-taima-text.html

Now if someone (ahem, ahem) would like to restate some of their comments on Hibben's observations at Fairbanks, it might be nice.

Early man was hit in SE Asia as well:
http://researchsea.com/html/article.php/aid/3937/cid/6/research/usm_discovers_concrete_evidence_that_can_chance_the_history_of_early_man.html
though exactly which homo it was is still hotly debated. Some would say
homo heidelbergensis. Ahem.

As always, I am currently running a special for meteorite list members on personally signed first editions of "Man and Impact in the Americas", at a mere $20 plus $5 for shipping in the US, if anyone wants to contact me for a copy.

good hunting,
E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas

PS - Sorry end for Chicago Steve. Sometimes love turns to lust.
How do you define a meteorite dealer?
A meteorite collector trying to afford his collection.