[meteorite-list] How about a thread to discuss hunting ethics

From: ensoramanda at ntlworld.com <ensoramanda_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 2:37:09 +0100

Hi Rob, All,

On the other hand, here in the UK I was brought up in the countryside on a farm where there has always been a 'right to roam' and have never feared walking the fields and the many footpaths, often straying away from so called rights of way, but still being considerate and following the countyside code.
Even when challenged by landowners they usually know that little can be done about trespassers here so long as no damage is done and I have never had a problem, just left amicably with an apology. I think we are very lucky.

I will certainly not stray away from public highways in other countries again without careful research after this story.

Graham Ensor, UK