[meteorite-list] -2 arrested update (Dude-- Where's MyCaredition)

From: MeteorHntr at aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 20:55:36 EDT

I don't doubt that Mike and Sonny were on private land without permission,
they have admitted so.

Was there was grounds for an arrest buy an unbiased police men?

Sure.

It was for a court case to decide their guilt, had they wanted to plead "Not
 Guilty." As I understand, they decided to plead "Guilty."

I assume they did this either because they were technically guilty as
charged, or because it was better for them to make such a plea than to take their
chances and money to try to fight the charges. With the attitude of the judge
to go over the law and to order people out of his county, I think taking the
path of least resistance would have been very attractive to most anyone
found in the same situation.

To claim that such a judge was an "objective third party" in this case seems
to be a bit of a stretch.

And, not that we can believe the newspaper 100%, but it seemed that part of
the reason the judge was being so "easy" on them was because the land owner
wasn't wanting to push the issue. Which, coming from a gun toting, burglar
apprehending victim, that shows that maybe even she thought sending them to
jail was too extreme, even if such a jail sentence could have been within the
limits of "the fullest extent of the law."

That is just my take.

Steve Arnold
Arkansas

In a message dated 4/2/2009 7:43:18 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
cynapse at charter.net writes:
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 01:57:17 +0200, you wrote:

>I feel that Mike Miller and Sonny never seriously thought they were on
>"private" property

No, I make no claim at all that they had any intention of doing anything
"wrong"-- just that I can see the land owner's point of view. (And I'm more
likely to trust the judgement of objective third parties like the police and
court system than those of the two sides of the case).

**************New Low Prices on Dell Laptops ? Starting at $399
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220433304x1201394525/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
eclick.net%2Fclk%3B213540718%3B35046385%3Be)