[meteorite-list] NWA 1974 (..and false claim)

From: RJP <yellowengine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 09:49:02 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

So you posted a fake AD, claiming that bills were piling up, you were out of work, and that your relationship with your wife was becoming unstable. You then posted a sales AD (and page) with things that you simply no longer wanted for your collection anymore, marked the prices down a couple of times, and stated that this was the end of the road for you on the met list. You probably received a handful of sympathetic emails in regards to your post, and now you say that it was an early April fools joke? Further more, I inquired about your 50g Berduc off-list, and the price that you quoted me ($1270) was marked up more than 100% from the price that was posted just a couple of days ago on on your sales page!

Don't you think that maybe all of this was in poor taste, especially with the jobless rate at an all time high, and the economy at an all time low in years? I simply see it as a tacky, tasteless scheme.

Wondering, with regards...

Ryan

"Hi again list,and no ad.I see there is only 398 grams of NWA 1794.But I see there is also more material out there.Did they find more later,and if they did,what is the latest TKW?Also last week was a prequel to this day.APRIL FOOL'S DAY!!I am going no where.Have a great day and keep finding our passion."