[meteorite-list] AD: Semi-Famous Meteorites For Sale

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:56:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ruben and other List members,

I would be careful about selling California meteorites found on BLM land. I was told by the BLM that it is illegal to collect meteorites in California on federal lands for comercial purposes. I thought you were involved with some of these warnings. They do monitor eBay and Google. I have been sternly warned about selling meteorites found on California dry lake beds. I donated the Ransburg iron Main Mass becuase of such warnings.

Best Regards,

Adam