[meteorite-list] New Desert Iron - Etch Pattern!

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:00:04 -0700 (PDT)

Guys, don't get me wrong, I bought a multi-kilo piece of this meteorite month ago, it is fantastic. However, I feel that paying $30,000 for a 10 kilo piece just out of the desert from a wholesaler is too much. They said it was oriented because it had a flow line! I have seen well over 100 kilos of pieces. It is clearly NOT Ziz, as I have owned many pieces of Ziz. It is a fantastic iron, and I am glad to have a nice piece.
If the price comes down a bit, then I would be an enthusiastic buyer.
Michael Farmer