[meteorite-list] TUCSON AUCTION, 2009

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 13:13:43 -0700

Greetings all,
        There were some real problems securing a space for the Tucson
Show Meteorite Auction; the place on Craycroft was sold.... After
Checking around, it turned out the OLD VFW Post on Beverly did
NOT sell (which is why I had switched), so, in 2009 we will be back at the
Location we were for about 5 years running on Beverly just off Speedway.
Full directions will be provided in a new page going up on my site VERY
Soon - probably later today. The date will be Sat, Feb. 7
        Jerry Armstrong will be lecturing in the space used a few years back
By U of A and his lecture (NOT about painting) is going to be something
people will not want to Miss.
        Jerry is also planning to bring NEW paintings to Tucson this year!
These will be originals - paintings not commissioned but for sale - and
there may even be one in the auction. He will also be bringing a variety of
his high quality Giclees, as well.
        CALL FOR ENTRIES: People submitting auction specimens (via
good JPG and basic description - Name, type, weight, dimensions, etc)
before Nov. 15 will STILL get the exceptionally low consignment fee
of 10% of the price of the sale
        My goal is to have a 100 item On Line Catalog up as quickly as
possible. After Nov. 15 consignment fees will increase incrementally.
        Of course, the Birthday Bash is the preview of Geoff Notkin and
Steve Arnold (the real Steve Arnold, not Chicago Steve), but I have
Spoken with Geoff and the Bash will be held Fri, Feb. 6 - Geoff will
Later announce the location.
        Any questions, please feel free to contact me off list - unless you
Feel the question is one to which other list members may want the
answer.
        Best wishes, Michael