[meteorite-list] A Breccia question

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:58:16 EDT

Hi list, I am wondering how often do great looking breccia occur in earth
rocks. Is it quite common?

I was hiking on my land here in Idaho and found a red/white breccia that
looks dynamite (really). Tumbled smooth (I guess) in the wash out of Lake
Bonnieville, which tore through here some time ago. Any one who cares to take a
look and let me know their thoughts, please email me.

I also have some shots of the coolest meteorite breccia I have ever cut into
and it just so happens the angular clasts are about the same in shape and
size.

Tom Phillips

no registration required and great graphics ? check it out!