[meteorite-list] Meteorite crashes near Alice Springs

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 06:24:25 -0700 (MST)

Hello Mike:

Sorry, it is 6:00 am and I have not had my coffee yet. I read the original
article and I assume that they meant thud, not thurd (could not find that
word). However, I am assuming they did not mean, as you wrote, turd. This
seems to relate more to ice meteorites and flying cows (if this is lost to
our non-English speaking members, please contact me for a clarification).