[meteorite-list] South Pole Meteorite - ALH761 a.k.a. ALHA76001

From: Jeff Grossman <jgrossman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 06:19:51 -0400

I've been told another scientist that there is a better candidate that
this could be. ALHA76009 was a huge find with many pieces. The stones
had nice black fusion crust. Some of these pieces "went missing" after
they were brought back from the field. It too is L6. I tried to see
how we know that the ebay stone was H, but the listing is gone.

jeff

--
Dr. Jeffrey N. Grossman       phone: (703) 648-6184
US Geological Survey          fax:   (703) 648-6383