[meteorite-list] Question About Potassium-Argon (K/Ar) dates for North American and Australasian Tektites

From: Paul <bristolia_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:13:28 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you-all for your replies to my question, including
a ?reference list for tektites?. They have been most helpful.

Sterling K. Webb wrote:

?The largest source for bulk composition data of a
large number of tektites is: J.A. O'Keefe, Editor,
Tektites, Univ. of Chicago Press, Chicago, Illinois
(1963), ...?

I lucked out on this one as the library, where I work
has this book in its collections. Needless to say, I have
checked it out and looking through all the data,
information, and ideas it contains.

Now I just need to figure if the alleged Louisiana
tektites are fact or fiction. At this time, I suspect
the latter until someone finds some more.

Best Regards,

Paul H.