[meteorite-list] Tangible assets

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 16:04:23 -0700 (PDT)

I agree.
Meteorites are tangible and the market will recover at some point. Whatever their value in $/?/Y/Euro/etc following the recovery, meteorites will retain their market value.
A ?1000 piece of moon rock will be worth its equivalent, whether that is $10 or $100,000 following the recovery in much the same way gold would, I believe.

If I'd invested heavily in stocks and shares, I'd be pretty worried right now but my cash is in hard rock and while I wouldn't expect to be able to sell it right now I've been prudent enough (spending within my means) not to need to. I personally think that they're a good investment when it comes to retaining value.

Rob McC