[meteorite-list] AD - Auctuion/Updates/Moving

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:24:49 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List Members,

First of all, I found a house in Laughlin Nevada so will be relocating on November 15th. My eBay auctions will be discontinued in about three weeks. The good news is that I will be sorting through three safes full of rare material in anticipation of moving. This move will be very expensive so I will be more inclined to take a few low offers on some of this material. Please take a look at my auctions in the upcoming weeks and do not be afraid to make an offer on some of the high ticket items.

To see these auctions click on this link:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZraremeteorites

A Few Highlights:

Despite a few uniformed dealers stating that lunar material is now worth less than a $1,000.00/gram, Lunar meteorites are still king and have been since being available to private collectors. The only place you will see them sell for less than $1,000.00/gram is on eBay or wholesale. They very rarely realize less than $2,500.00/gram in a real auction house. They have remained on top of the heap since Calcalong Creek and will continue to due so for several reasons.

The number one reason is that you do not have to be a meteorite collector to appreciate them. People relate to them far beyond any other type of meteorite since they can see the body they came from. Add in the rich history of the Apollo missions where retrieval of these type of rocks provided a treasure that rivals those of other countries crown-jewels and their scientific value and you have an unbeatable package. Mankind has always romanticized about the Moon and will always appreciate a moon rock whether it is sliced for a collection or in the face of a Starburst Lunar Rolex or worn as a pendant. The Smithsonian realized this in a March 1999 Article Entitled "Mining for Meteorites" where they state " The most valuable type is a dislodged piece of the moon". Although, I am not offering NWA 5000 here I will make this statement since it relates to Lunaites: There is far more NWA 5000 material permanently placed in institutions than there is in
 private collectors hands.

Here is a great selection of moon rocks, the king of meteorites:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200262020191
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140274182592
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140274183008

Or perhaps a Martian Nakhlite which nearly always realizes at least $1,500.00/gram, even on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140274182738

H.H. Nininger's Printing Press and mass accessories. Do not be afraid to make an offer as I do not have the capacity to move this to my new location. I am trying to keep this all together and will accept any reasonable offer. I already received an offer on this but have turned down since the perspective buyer expressed an interest in selling the items separately. If it falls to sell before I move, I will take the previous offer as I tried my best to keep it all together:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200262022340

And way too many other great items to list can be found at this link:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZraremeteorites

Thank you for looking and if you are bidding, good luck.

Best Regards,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection
Team LunarRock