[meteorite-list] NWA 969 LL7 image mug is now available

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 13:08:29 EDT

Hi list, Paul got right on it and the NWA 969 LL7 micrograph taken at a magnification of 160X that I was sending out in full resolution to any one who emailed me, is now available on a coffee mug! The site is http://www.cafepress.com/meteorites4sale and the cost is $10.99. We have added no mark up so you pay what the production company Cafe Press charges.

If you did not get the image, just email me and I will send it as an attachment in full resolution suitable for printing up to about an 8X10.

The cool part? Alan Rubin, UCLA was kind enough to take a look and offer this analysis of the image. Now when some one asks "What's on your coffee cup?" you can have the answer!

"It is clear that the rock has been shocked and annealed. The smudgy trails of dark blebs are of metal and sulfide that were melted by shock and injected into fractures. The fractures healed during subsequent thermal metamorphism, probably the heat that was developed during the impact that caused the initial shock."

This is not a profit making thing. Paul and I are always working to raise awareness of Meteorite Time (The online Meteorite Magazine) and my Meteorite Micrograph Gallery. And also, the mugs are real cool! I'm thinking Christmas gifts.

Tom Phillips

**************New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out! (http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000001)