[meteorite-list] Full size micrograph offer NWA 969 LL7 to print.

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 12:43:39 EDT

Hi everyone, I want to share a beautiful meteorite micrograph. Once in a
while one comes along that (at least to me) seems to have everything, color,
clarity and interest.

It is taken of NWA 969 LL7 and the slide belongs to Jeff Krosschell. For
you slide aficionados, I think the slide is for sale but that is not what this
is about. I will send the image in full size. I recently changed cameras
and this image is 3.4 mp so it would make an excellent 8X10 to add to your
meteorite room. My previous work was at 1.1 mp which was a little to small for
prints.

Finding the right camera has not been an easy task. I have tried at least
20 in the last 6 months. One of the most recent tries was the new Nikon 5100
12.1 mp. I had high hopes but after putting it through 3 different
microscope adapters, I finally accepted I could not get the results out of it I was
looking for. I won't trade quality for pixel size. I sent that camera to my
son who just got stationed in Hawaii. He'll have plenty to photograph there!

Anyway, please email me for a full size attachment of this image.

This one is worth checking out!

Tom Phillips