[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day My thoughts

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 13:52:15 EST

I agree, Michael does us all a favor nearly every day.

My suggestion is that we all ask our selves when we make a submission to
Michael for inclusion in his site: Is our submission just to share with all or
are we promoting material we may have for sale?

If we are using his service as an advertisement then send some $ his way. I
have talked to Michael and he is not doing the POD for profit, but there are
ongoing costs to maintaining a site with the large amount of images he hosts.

I have a large image Gallery of micrographs. I am lucky that Meteorite
Times is the host of it. If I had to maintain it and pay for the cost of keeping
it free and available to every one, I would of closed it down long ago.
Paul (Meteorite Times) puts in a huge amount of work into the updates and
maintenance of my Gallery and I am sure Michael has just as much work maintaining
his site.

I am in no way speaking for any one!!! These are just my thoughts on the
subject.

Tom Phillips

In a message dated 11/26/2008 10:46:47 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,