[meteorite-list] AD : Trinitite Lots available and Trinitite Analysis Wanted

From: Michael Gilmer <michael_w_gilmer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 12:42:03 -0800 (PST)

Hi Folks!

I received another large batch of trinitite pieces and I am selling lots again.

1) 10 gram lot of pieces - $40
2) 20 gram lot of pieces - $60
3) 50 gram lot of pieces - $100

The pieces in this lot are a little bigger than the last batch, but
not by much. In the last batch, the largest pieces were about
the size of nickel. In this new batch, the largest is about the
size of a quarter - but most are 2-3 grams each, with some weighing
upwards to 4 or 4.5 grams each.

Photos available on request. To inquire or order, contact me offlist
at mike at galactic-stone.com

On a sidenote, I am very curious if any of my buyers have access to a
lab (via work or school) to have this material definitively
analyzed. My source is good, so I do not doubt the authenticity of
the material. I am just very curious from an intellectual standpoint
as to what this stuff is made of. I'd be especially interested in
hearing exactly which isotopes are present and what the exact level
of radioactivity is. I have read much on the web about this material,
including an analysis - but the makeup of the material appears to
vary according to where it formed in relation to ground zero of the
blast. So I want to know what is in my particular lots.

Regards and clear skies,

MikeG

Michael Gilmer (Louisiana, USA)
Member of the Meteoritical Society.
Member of the Bayou Region Stargazers Network.
Websites - http://www.galactic-stone.com and http://www.glassthrower.com
MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/fine_meteorites_4_sale