[meteorite-list] AD: Special - a fine W1-fresh L3: NWA 5477 with BIG chondrules

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 03:19:43 +0100

Dear Collectors,

this year we spoiled us and you with bringing out a lot of new type-3
chondrites, and in the advertisements we explained and lighted the
especialness, the origins and the meaning of the unequilibrated ordinary
chondrites.

Therefore maybe we should do without lengthy lines this time (do we hear a
"finally!"?) and should simply let speak the material for itself?

3ers never get boring, they all are different.
Look at that one, how huge some of its chondrules are!

Slices of L3s and H3s - for us it's like ambling through a picture-gallery,
where with the tableaux old epochs suddenly get alive again.

And in such a slice, in the tessellation of chondrules of the 3ers, a
chondrule-lover can totally sink in.

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/special-nwa5477.html

This "Special" isn't such a complete price-destroyer like last week's
brachinite*, but NWA 5477 has a well-preserved blackish fusion crust
and with its fresh weathering degree of W1, its sitting in the first rows
with his class mates,
therefore are the 9$ a gram a very attractive offer.

NWA 5477 is moderately shocked, S4, tkw is 2kgs.
All slices are on one side grinded, one side polished.
Type-3-lovers know why.

Enjoy!

Stefan Ralew & Martin Altmann
Chladni's Heirs
Munich - Berlin
Fine Meteorites for Science & Collectors
http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/

PS: * we cut and prepared some more small specimens of the brachiite, 1 to
3grams for the low-budget-collectors. We hade the impression, that some were
hesitating, cause the price seemed for them not plausible else, than it must
be inferior material.
It isn't. It is a classic brachinite through and through, not better and not
worse than the other few representatives of that class.