[meteorite-list] Space junk - marine life - shame on NASA

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 11:06:38 -0800 (PST)

If that is the case, why was such a big deal made about not going anywhere near the debris if it had impacted on land becouse of toxic hazards?

I agree about the scuttled destroyer, but at the same time, I dont think that is right to do also.

Perhaps the toxic nature that has been reported has mislead me to think that it was more of a big deal then it is, but it is troubling to think that this was the best thing they could come up with.
Surely it could have been returned to earth on a shuttle and disposed of properly.