[meteorite-list] Ad: Trenton and Bondoc update

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 12:49:04 -0700 (PDT)

I have received so many emails that I cant answer them
all, so one email to the list can show what i have
available.

Trenton, USNM# 2173
Partslics cut from a 1.8 kilogram piece. The
interesting thing about these is that the specimen was
totally drilled on the backside, where the museum
people had practiced drilling through a specimen,
because they wanted to see if they could split the "El
Taco" piece of Campo del Cielo in the museum
collection. It was too large to cut at that time, and
they figured out that by drilling through the specimen
enough times, they could split it, which they did. So
on my piece of Trenton, I have the drilled section cut
off and cut into partslices, which are perfect on one
side, and are drilled on the backside. It is an
interesting story, and a part of the history of these
pieces, which only adds to the desirability.

Available Trenton pieces
Large partslice, perfect, no drill marks
204.7 grams $1600.00
41.52 gram partlsice with nice triolite nodule/drill
marks $400.00
39.71 grams, drill marks $400.00
26.32 grams, drill marks $270.00
4.20 grams drill marks $60.00
All come with copy of the Smithsonian label.

Available Bondoc metal nodule pieces.
1/2 nodule/endcut USNM#2578-23 201.1 grams $3000.00
1/2 nodule/endcut USNM#2578-21 140 grams $2100.00
slice 92.4 grams from USNM#2578-12 $1800.00
slice 79.4 grams from USNM#2578-12 $1190.00
slice 41. grams from USNM#2578-12 $630.00

Michael Farmer