[meteorite-list] My meteorite

From: Pete Shugar <pshugar_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 18:48:42 -0500

Sirs and Madams,
After much reading of of everyone's posts to this forum, here is what I
propose.
I will give you a third of my 12 pound meteorite which I found holding open
the door to my greatgrandfathers moonshine still in exchange for $125K, but
only if you have it tested in a lab.

I know this is a meteorite because I first tested it with a magnet. As I
brought the magnet near the meteorite a very strange thing happened! The
meteorite flipped over and then was pushed violently away from the magnet.
Strange, but no earth rocks did that!!

I especially read very carefilly the posts on how to test for nickel. I
went to (bleep) store and after talking with the pharmacy clerk, I was shown
a kit that tests for allergies to metals such as nickel. I bought the most
expensive one they had, figuring it must be the best as it was a very
expensive kit.

After washing the meteorite in gasoline (I didn't want it to rust by using
water), I went to an auto shop and had them grind a spot off on their
grinder, which they did. At first there were flames so I guess we did not
get all the gas dried off. After we got it dried, we tried again. This time
no flames. But the funny thing is, there were no sparks while grinding
either, just flashes of green light. Again I must say, no earth rocks ever
did that.

I followed all the directions for using the testing kit, and when done the
color was a bright fire engine red, which quickly turned to a dull orange
color. Once more I must say that no earthly rock does this.

Because of all the above tests, I feel that I have a genuine space rock from
Mars.
It must be worth millions because it passed all those complicated tests.

Submitted by
Pete IMCA 1733