[meteorite-list] Web Site Update & A Big Thank You

From: Moni Waiblinger <moni2555_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 08:52:05 -0700

Good Morning All,

David wrote:

> I know some of you may not like my collection,
but you have to admit it is
> shaping up to be very unique.

Guess you had some one disagree with you before on this list because of the cutting loss?
Was it because you cut the meteorite up or because of the loss of the grinding the rock in shape?

Most everyone does cut a meteorite up to try to break even for a purchased meteorite or make a profit or make the meteorite available for collectors and scientists.

I am sure you have to cut your meteorite to the closest possible shape and are you able to sell those slices?
How many cuts do you actually have to make?

Can the material when you saw it in shape be saved?

Maybe you could sell it as a specialty, like the 'Bessey Specks'.
Maybe something like 'Sphere's dust'.

Maybe Martin Altman, MexicoDoug and the BIMS group, some of the British guys are here on this list too and they always have a wonderful and entertaining dialog going on, maybe they could come up with ideas for you.

Guess first we need to know what is the loss and what shape is it in, dust, larger particles?

Just a thought,

Moni