[meteorite-list] 2 new Nevada meteorites / Cold finds/ Statistics

From: Moni Waiblinger <moni2555_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 14:13:34 -0700

Good afternoon all!

Nice finds Sonny!
What a beautiful 'space rock' the 172grams one is!
Gorgeous!

I admit, is is a long haul to find meteorites.
And like you mentioned all the problems one can run into.
The time before last I ripped the inside wall of my tire and had to replace a tire.
So besides all the costs of gasoline, driving time and sunburn, I had to buy a new tire.
Luckily I did find a 22gram meteorite and so it was worth all the costs, but...one to get of ebay would have been cheaper.

The image of the badger is great!
Nevada has quite of few of them.
I remember when I went with Bob V. we encountered several running across the dirt roads.
Never saw on in California.
And never saw one coming up the ground!
Pretty neat.
That is another plus isn't it, the wild life!

Really exciting times!
Thanks for sharing and good hunting!

With best regards,
Moni