[meteorite-list] New or maybe old QUESTION??????

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 13:00:51 +0200

Hey!

I never thought that I had to correct you in the field of meteoritics.

 :-)

Sweden does have a couple of old coal mines but the fossile meteorites
is found in lime stone quarries.

I have also been shown in the roof of a mine (south of Kumla) of a
structure that was claimed to be an impact crater (or impact pit) but I
haven't been able to find anything published about it.
That was before I got hooked on meteorites so I didn't know what to look
for or ask. The age of that quartzite strata should have been in the
range of 400-600 million years.

/G?ran